Post Show Report Mir Detstva 2019 The 25th Anniversary International Exhibition for the Children’s Industry
Mir Detstva is a key trade show in the industry of goods and services for children and teenagers in Russia and Eastern Europe. The show brings together leading Russian and foreign manufacturers and distributors of goods and services for children and promotes safe and affordable products of high quality for Russian children. Mir Detstva was traditionally co-located with the CJF – Child and Junior Fashion 2019. Autumn exhibition.
Dates: 24–27 September 2019
Venue: Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia
Organised by Expocentre AO
Supported by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade
Under auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Labels and awards: UFI, RUEF
Floor space: about 19,000+ sq m
Exhibited products: games, toys, books and aids for learning and development, educational programmes, goods for newborns and infants, creativity sets for kids, high-tech toys and robotics, children’s furniture, sports equipment and facilities, gifts, goods for celebrations, licensed goods for children plus many others.
Exhibited Brands: Angry Birds, BabyBjorn, Bebecar, Bumbleride, Castorland, Concord, Graco, Cybex, Dr. Brown’s, Egg, Faber-Castell, Fisher-Price, Giotto, Hansa Creation, Hauck, Joie, Kores, Lovular, Micuna, Oribel, Playgro, Razor, Recaro, Schleich, Snowmen, Thule, TY, UPPAbaby, Valco Baby, etc.
Foreign newcomers: Rainbow S.p.A. (Italy), Amik Wooden Toys (Romania), Balonevi San.Ve Tic. A.S. (Turkey), Blue Mount Technology Co. Ltd. (South Korea), Caraz Co. Ltd. (South Korea), Comercial Persan S.A. (Spain), etc.
Russian exhibitors (534): 7-Ya, Academy Holding, Azbookvarik, Alt, Aeroplane, Bauer, BG, Vesna, Gamma, Gulliver & Co, Zvezda, Hobby World, Luch Chemical Plant, Nasha Mama, Nevskaya Palitra, Nordplast, Ogonek, Orange, Children’s Entertainment Channel “O!”, Premier-Igrushka, Rant Trade, Rosman, Russkiy Still, Ryzhiy Kot, Start Children’s Carseats Factory, Stellar, Step Puzzle, Fabrika Detstva, Phoenix+, Phoenix-Premiere, Hatber-M, Duran (Tzar-Elka), Eksmo, etc.
Licensing business: brand4rent, Megalicense, 0+ Media, Aeroplane, CTC Media, Rainbow
Expocentre would like to pay special thanks to the companies, which have been Mir Detstva’s regular participants since almost day one, Zvezda, Europa Uno Trade, Luch Chemical Plant, Bauer, Mart, Premier-Igrushka, Gulliver & Co, Ogonek, Russkiy Still, Unitoys, Chapaev Cheboksary Production Association, and many others.
Anna Kuznetsova, Children’s Rights Commissioner for the President of Russia
“For me, as the Children’s Rights Commissioner, it is important for the tasks specified in the Russian Decade of Childhood programme and in other documents to become real cases and products which will reach a specific child. I think it is more important than presentations, reports, figures, and diagrams. That’s why I would like to wish Mir Detstva good luck and expansion and so that what I saw today – beautiful toys, children’s goods, educational games, wonderful construction sets, and other goods for children – to be more affordable for every child.”
Ekaterina Bednova, Head of the Exhibition Operating Management of Expocentre AO thanked everybody who had been supporting Mir Detstva and CJF – Child and Junior Fashion over the years and emphasized that the organisers tried to make the exhibition and the supporting events as interesting as possible.
The participants in the opening ceremony thanked Expocentre for its hospitality and organisation of wonderful trade shows, and congratulated on the 60th anniversary.
Video of the opening ceremony >>.
The 20th edition of the Moscow International Festival of Balloons was organised by Europa Uno Trade and supported by Expocentre. The topic of the festival was Town of Artisans, 20 Years Later.
Franchisee Day (Funny Idea). The event brought together more than 150 owners of children’s stores. Director General of the European Balloon Party Council Suteesh Chumber first attended the event. The participants shared the secrets of children’s retail, marketing trends in the children’s goods industry, best practices in creation of profitable points of sale, novelties and merchandising trends as well as location, promotion, personnel, and product range.
- Congress of the Children's Goods Industry organised by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade was supported by Expocentre AO. The Congress featured sessions and round tables on development of international cooperation and export strategies in the children’s goods industry, implementation of mandatory labelling and tracking of children’s goods, identification of the main challenges and barriers to entering the market of educational technologies of new Russian-made equipment. The other highlights were increase in the teenage clothing segment and in exports through providing grants for participation, organisation of business missions, and others.
- Visiting meeting of the Work Group of the Russian Federal Service for Accreditation (RusAccreditation) on activity of accredited parties in the field of conformity assessment of children’s goods.
- 17th Russian Trade Forum for Children’s Goods Suppliers with the Purchasing Centre for Retail Chains™: Children's Goods organised by Expocentre AO and Imperia. The Forum participants were more than 250 CEOs of major manufacturing companies, distributors of goods for children and teenagers, and representatives of retail chains. The experts of Ipsos ComCon, Nielsen, NPD Group Russia, and others shared their best practices, presented a fresh analysis, and analytical information.
- Purchasing Centre for Retail Chains™: Children's Goods welcomed more than 70 buyers from 40+ retail chains and major online stores who managed to negotiate supply contracts for 2019-2020.
- 28th Russian Trade Forum for Retail Suppliers. Suppliers got acquainted with the latest trends in consumer behaviour, a ready algorithm of entering retail chains with food / non-food goods, successful suppliers’ case studies on shelf delivery, and cooperation with online retailers.
- Purchasing Centre for Retail Chains™: FMCG featured negotiations on manufacture of private brands between suppliers of consumer goods and more than 100 purchasers from more than 50 retail chains.
- 23rd Forum of Manufacturers and Retailers ‘Private Label Brand 2020’
- Licensing Marketplace featured more than 20 workshops and master classes from well-known licensors and branding experts.
- Russian Conference of Retailers ‘A Winning Formula for a Store for Children’ for owners, CEOs, and managers of stores and retails of children’s goods. The best experts in category management, shop floor engineering, and merchandising shared their fresh ideas on update of development strategy of children’s goods.
- 3rd Russia-China Forum: New Opportunities for Sustainable Business Development organised by Expocentre AO and Between2countries. The Forum participants discussed buyers’ career highlights: key risk factors when choosing partners; best manufacturing factories at the trade show: pros and cons in choosing the product range for the Russian market; Chinese retail chains.
- 13th Russian Forum of Model Makers organised by ICM OOO and supported by Expocentre. The Forum brought together major Russian and foreign players in the market of software capabilities in automation of trade and accounting processes. The best distributors were awarded.
- Conference on Secrets of Increasing Online Sales of Children’s Goods. The participants told what was relevant on the Internet and what was outdated. How to present yourself online competently for the customers to buy from you. They discussed effective cooperation strategies between a brand and buyers of children’s stores. The conference ended with awarding ceremonies in the competitions for The Best Online Store for Customers and The Best Instagram Account.
Other Projects and Competitions
- Day of Supplementary Education featured workshops organised by the Federal Institute of Education Development, the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, and the Yasam Network of Early Childhood Development Centres.
- Interactive Area offered presentations, master classes, business shows, etc. The Conference on Promotion of Children’s Brands in the Blogosphere was organised by Pink Communications and Expocentre AO. Successful bloggers Kristina Dudkova, Angela Polezhaeva, Ilona Fionova, and Larisa Surkova shared their experience. The other participants were experts and specialists from Kid Trade, OlympX, Danton-Ptisteprom, Studio 42, Newday, PR-Partner, YouTube, Yoola, Magic World, and other companies and agencies. They analysed the trends in the Russia blogosphere, told how to build a partnership between a brand and a blogger, what typical mistakes are made by the companies when posting an ad in the blogosphere, plus much more.
- Parents’ Choice analytical centre summed up the results of the popular prize vote for parents and babies “Parents’ Choice 2019”. More than 100 parents, manufacturers of children’s goods and representatives of major chain stores. Here are the names of the winners in 10 categories.
- Expo-Academy project
- Expocentre for Counterfeit-Free Exhibitions
- The International Competition of Goods for Children and Teenagers organised by Soyuzexpertiza ANO. The Best Consumer Properties Award was given to Krasnaya Zvezda, Mir Leo, Faktoria, Bytplat, IP Fendel, Pix CIS, Baby Boom, and Asia Life.
To learn more about the supporting events, please click here>>.
Feedback of Mir Detstva participants and visitors can be read here>>.
The next 26th edition of Mir Detstva will run from September 22 through 25, 2020 at Expocentre Fairgrounds.
Ïðåññ-ñëóæáà ÀÎ «Ýêñïîöåíòð»